Tuesday, April 15, 2014

California, here I come!

I landed in the airport and as I turned on my phone I had a call from my sister. Aren't the people in the plane supposed to call the people outside to inform them of the landing? Well, that's not how we do things around here. After a funny conversation where we discussed which airports suck more, we finally found each other at baggage claim in the 3rd terminal of LAX.

While driving to my aunt's house at 1:30 in the morning Gabby asked me if I wanted anything to eat. I couldn't think of anything other than a bed. Except a few minutes later I decided I really wanted a waffle. I miss waffles. So she asks Siri to find a Waffle House, we make a U-turn and drive for another 15 minutes, realize the Waffle House is over 16 miles away, make another U-turn, have a hard time finding the highway because of the many detours, end up in the same spot after following a detour, get rear ended (We're fine, the car is okay-ish), call the local police, find out California doesn't make police reports unless state property has been damaged, take down some information, leave the scene, make it to my aunt's house, try not to wake anybody up, wake somebody up, find a bed, share some stories, realize I am freezing, go to bed and wake up. It all blurs together, because that's what it felt like.

This morning was better. I woke up around 6:30 which is 9:30 DR time, so I think I am doing pretty well. I looked in all the cabinets in my aunt's kitchen looking for cold cereal and milk. Found it.

The rest of the morning was a nice mix of chatting with my aunt and crafting. She and i shared stories about our current life situations and our current hobby situations. She passed on some quilting wisdom and I shared what my current crochet status is as of this morning. We also found it vital to our being that we go to JoAnne's fabric right then to buy some new yarn. I am not going to reveal everything, but I have a few new projects up my sleeves.





Around this time Gabby woke up. She had to diaper the dog, because well, that happens sometimes. We are currently working on some quilting wall hangings. My aunt had a bunch of fabric for us to choose and we went to work. I won't go into details, because reading about a fun time isn't always fun, but I will add some pictures using this awesome american Wi-Fi. I miss American Wi-Fi!


Gabby and Aunt Beth are currently working hard on quilts whilst I sit on the computer. That sounds about right. 

Anyone who saw me before I left the Dominican Republic (John Serpas) knows that I haven't actually changed my shirt since I left the country. I should really partake of the amazing hot water in this country. Don't worry. I heard their is a jet bath tub that has my name on it for later.

Here we are. Day one back together. My hair, super enormous, but because I am no longer on an island I don't have a huge desire to shave my head. Oh America, I have missed you!

No comments:

Post a Comment