Thursday, April 17, 2014

Las Vegas!

I After gathering all of our things together, Gabby, Bella and I were off to Vegas. First we made a quick stop to clear up some business and in Pasadena to have lunch with my wonderful Aunt. 

I kept thinking I should take pictures off the sushi but I didn't have time for that. It literally melted in my mouth. I really did miss good sushi. I didn't even know how much I missed good sushi. 

My aunt was very smart and decided we should all order a dessert and then share them. That's fine with me! Also, as a current Peace Corps Volunteer, I didn't have any qualms tasting the scraps of my sister and aunt's meals. 

All you get is this one picture. I'll pretend it's because I don't want to make my PCV friends salivate through their computers, but really it's just because I was too busy eating. That there is green tea ice cream. Also, I think I could make the guineo dish below, so this is a reference picture. 



After that Gabby and I drove and drove. I crocheted for a while and tried to sleep. If you remember though,my mind knows I'm not allowed to sleep for the next 18 days. 

I actually for behind the wheel pretty early. Gabby and I have been joking about the fact that I haven't driven in a year and was never a great driver to begin with, but in reality it was a straight shot, I could put it on cruise control, and Gabby actually has permission to sleep, so I drove. 

I loved getting behind the wheel again. It also means I get to choose the music, so some of my new playlists from my PCV friend made it into the trip. 

We've also decided that we will turn down the music to talk to Amanda while she's driving. I can only do one other thing while I'm driving, and listening to music is considered a thing, so driving, listening to music, and talking can't happen at the same time. That was a good thing to learn early on in this trip. 

Now I'm in Vegas with my cousin. We are out at a bar and I've already received a free polo shirt by simply asking for one. 

It is so nice to see my cousin. I haven't seen him in a few years and I always enjoy the time even if it's short. 


Also, how different could Gabby and I look? The first thing she said to me off of the plane was about how dark my skin was. I'm dark, my hair is huge, do we even look related these days? 


No comments:

Post a Comment