Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Where I show pictures of food

When am I going to remember that we are allowed to throw the toilet paper in the toilet in this country? 

When we left off with Amanda takes on America I was wearing the same shirt I left the Dominican Republic in. After that I made my way to the best bathroom I've ever seen in a real life house and I took a bath in a tub with jets. There was aroma therapy bubbly stuff and creams and smells and a television and if I wanted, super fast wi-fi. I've also decided I should probably give up the idea of having children and just move my dreams to having a giant bathroom instead. (Okay, probably not. Don't panic Mom, I will still probably, most likely, have children, maybe.) 


After those shenanigans my aunt took my sister and I out for dinner. Did you knot that in America you can pay a guy to cut an onion, shape it like a volcano, and light it on fire? Yeah, we went out to this super fun Japanese restaurant. 
Of course I needed a giant helping of white rice to remind me of the Dominican Republic. I was afraid that I may have been gone too long and forgot what it tastes like. 

Because I am living in America for the moment, I was also able to have a person make me ice cream, wrap that in pound cake, and serve it to me with a sprig of mint and a bowl of chocolate. Way better than anything I've made my friends in the DR.  We ended the night watching Frozen. I was so tired during the entirety of the movie, but the only real advice I received about visiting America was "Don't fall asleep!" I'm doing my best!

 When it was over I was actually distracted by fast internet and didn't fall asleep until 2 a.m. and actually woke up around 6 a.m. I laid in bed until I heard my aunt on the sewing machine finishing up some of the projects from yesterday and I had to get out of bed. I can not waste a single day here! I don't get to see my aunt very often anyway. 

It was actually a great morning. We chatted about job type stuff, and craft type stuff. I'm a lot like this particular aunt of mine so it is always nice to run a lot of things by her. It has been such a nice time. 


We agreed to wake my sister up by 9 at the latest then we all walked down to Starbucks to grab breakfast. 

We brought Bella with us and were able to stop by the craft store to pick up some more supplies. Really, I am so excited about an upcoming project! 
















This afternoon has been mostly a lounge day. We stopped by target so we could pick up some things to bake a cake. Went home to bake said cake and watch a movie. The aunt flipped through a neat magazine. The sister floated through some internet fun and took some pool time. The dogs were in and out. All the while Amanda crocheted and watched The Book Thief. It was a nice afternoon and now we are mostly resting. 

I'm not sure what the evening holds, but I am going to take another one of those baths I suppose, and we may be able to get a board game in. I definitely need to go lay down though. I think I am allowed to sleep if the others are sleeping. 

No comments:

Post a Comment